All Genres: Action, Crime, Thriller
Release Year: 2008
Rating: 8.4 (0)
Director: Christopher Nolan
Sound: Sonics-DDP, SDDS, DTS, Dolby Digital
- Why So Serious?
- Welcome to a world without rules.
- I Believe In Harvey Dent.
Writing by: Jonathan Nolan – (screenplay) and
Christopher Nolan – (screenplay)
Christopher Nolan – (story) &
David S. Goyer – (story)
Bob Kane – (characters)
Produced by: Kevin De La Noy – executive producer
Jordan Goldberg – associate producer
Philip Lee – line producer: Hong Kong
Karl McMillan – production associate producer
Benjamin Melniker – executive producer
Christopher Nolan – producer
Charles Roven – producer
Emma Thomas – producer
Thomas Tull – executive producer
Michael E. Uslan – executive producer
Cast: Christian Bale – Bruce Wayne / Batman
Heath Ledger – The Joker
Aaron Eckhart – Harvey Dent / Two-Face
Michael Caine – Alfred
Maggie Gyllenhaal – Rachel Dawes
Gary Oldman – Det. Lt. James Gordon
Morgan Freeman – Lucius Fox
Monique Curnen – Det. Anna Ramirez (as Monique Gabriela Curnen)
Ron Dean – Detective Wuertz
Cillian Murphy – Scarecrow
Chin Han – Lau
Music: James Newton Howard Hans Zimmer
Official Website: Visit Website
Plot Outline: Batman, Gordon and Harvey Dent are forced to deal with the chaos unleashed by an anarchist mastermind known only as the Joker, as it drives each of them to their limits.
Plot: Batman raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as The Joker.
Crazy Credits: We know about 5 Crazy Credits. One of them reads:
A gray and blue Warner Bros. logo is used in the films opening, instead of the usual golden one.
Goofs: We know about 16 goofs. Here comes one of them:
Continuity: The cooling ducts on the side of Bruce Waynes Lamborghini Murciйlago LP640 are closed at the beginning of the scene and are open immediately following a cut. They are motorized but take time to open and close.
Trivia: There are 57 entries in the trivia list – like these:
- Matt Damon was Christopher Nolans first choice for the role of Harvey Dent but turned it down. Before Aaron Eckhart was cast in the part, other actors considered included Hugh Jackman, Ryan Phillippe, Liev Schreiber, Jake Gyllenhaal and Josh Lucas.
- As a joke, one bat suit was made with nipples, as in Batman & Robin (1997). It was presented to Christian Bale as the real bat suit, but he knew instantly it was a joke, having seen a few design pictures during preproduction. He did pose for some publicity photos in the “nipple” suit.
- This is the first Batman film to not have “Batman” in the title.