All Genres: Comedy, Musical, Romance
Release Year: 2008
Country: USA, UK, Germany
Rating: 8.4 (0)
Director: Phyllida Lloyd
Sound: Dolby Digital, DTS, SDDS
- Take a trip down the aisle youll never forget
- A mother. A daughter. Three possible fathers. Take a trip down the aisle youll never forget
- Mark The Date. July 18th
- …Here We Go Again.
- Everybody Is Coming To Sophies Wedding.
- On July 18th, The Wedding Celebration Begins.
- The Music. The Romance. The Movie
- Sophie has just one wish, to meet her father……whichever one he is.
- With every wedding come a few surprises.
- The only missing from Sophies wedding is the father of the bride…whichever one he is.
- Who said a wedding couldnt be this much fun?
- Eine Hochzeit die man nie vergisst. (A Wedding youll never forget.)
Writing by: Catherine Johnson – (screenplay)
Catherine Johnson – (musical book)
Produced by: Benny Andersson – executive producer
Judy Craymer – producer
Gary Goetzman – producer
Tom Hanks – executive producer
Mark Huffam – executive producer
Björn Ulvaeus – executive producer
Rita Wilson – executive producer
Cast: Amanda Seyfried – Sophie Sheridan
Stellan Skarsgård – Bill Anderson
Pierce Brosnan – Sam Carmichael
Nancy Baldwin – Sams PA
Colin Firth – Harry Bright
Heather Emmanuel – Harrys Housekeeper
Colin Davis – Harrys Driver
Rachel McDowall – Lisa
Ashley Lilley – Ali
Meryl Streep – Donna Sheridan
Julie Walters – Rosie
Music: Benny Andersson
Official Website: Visit Website
Plot Outline: A teenage girl risks everything when she falls in love with a vampire.
Plot: The story of a bride-to-be trying to find her real father told using hit songs by the popular 70s group ABBA.
Crazy Credits: We know about 1 Crazy Credits. One of them reads:
After the final scene of the movie Meryl Streep, Christine Baranski and Julie Walters appear on a sound stage in matching 1970s glam-rock costumes and sing “Dancing Queen”. When they finish Meryl asks the audience if they want an encore. The three ladies are then joined by Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth and Stellan Skarsgard who are similarly attired. Along with Amanda Seyfried and Dominic Cooper, they provide a rendition of “Waterloo” as the main credits roll.
Goofs: We know about 10 goofs. Here comes one of them:
Continuity: During the scene above the old goats house in which Donna is singing Mamma Mia, the amount of dust/dirt on the knees of her dungarees changes between shots.
Trivia: There are 17 entries in the trivia list – like these:
- According to Variety the plays original producer and writer, “were broke when they first tried to put the show together and were even snubbed by the Swedish pop group whose music formed the basis for the show. They are now two of the wealthiest women in England.”
- Based on the hit ABBA single of the same name. Mamma Mia! first opened in London on April, 6th, 1999 at the Prince Edward theater. It had its North American debut at Torontos Royal Alexandra Theatre on May 23rd, 2000. The original Toronto cast then moved on to Mamma Mia!s pre-Broadway tour starting in San Francisco, moving on to Los Angeles, then Chicago. It was while the original Toronto cast was performing in Chicago that Louise Pitre (Donna) and Tina Maddigan (Sophie) were invited to play their same roles in the original Broadway cast, which opened on October 18th, 2001 at the Winter Garden Theater, the former home of Cats. It now has toured in over 140 cities across America. As of April 2007, Mamma Mia has open run productions in: New York, London, Las Vegas, Madrid, Moscow, Stuttgart, Fukuoka (opens May 19th 07) Gothenburg (opening May 9th 07) Essen, also has an US tour and an International tour traveling to cities all over the globe. Mamma Mia! has also played in Melbourne, Australia and Utrecht, The Netherlands, and in Copenhagen and Horsens, Denmark.
Phyllida Lloyd also directed the original ‘Mamma Mia!’ Broadway Play.